1. Take a container and pour a cup of water in it as a solvent and heat it.
2. Now add sugar in it which is the solute. Heat it till the sugar is dissolved.
3. We get a solution of water and sugar.
4. Now add some powdered tea-leaves in the solution.
5. Sugar is soluble in water hence it is not seen while tea leaves are insoluble in water so it can be seen.
6. Now add some milk to the container which is also soluble in water.
7. Now filter the tea with a strainer.
8. Tea collected in cup is filtrate and tea leaves that are collected in strainer is the residue.