1) Chlorophyll is necessary for photosynthesis because it allows plants to absorb light energy from the sunlight.
2) Organelles that are present in the cytoplasm, is a subcellular structure that performs one or more specific functions in the cell.
3) Protoplasm is the living part of a cell that is surrounded by a plasma membrane. It is the colourless material comprising the living part of a cell, including the cytoplasm, nucleus, and other organelles.
4) A gene is the basic physical and functional unit of heredity. They are made up of DNA. They are present in the chromosome.
5) Chloroplasts are organelles that conduct photosynthesis, where the photosynthetic pigment chlorophyll captures the energy from sunlight and converts it and stores it in the energy-storage molecules ATP and NADPH while freeing oxygen from water in plant and algal cells.
6) An organ is a self-contained group of tissues that performs a specific function in the body.
7) The cell membrane is a biological membrane that separates the interior of all cells from the outside environment and thus protects the cell from its environment.
8) A vacuole is a membrane-bound organelle. Vacuoles are closed sacs, made up of membranes with inorganic or organic molecules inside, such as enzymes.
9) Tissues are groups of cells that have a similar structure and act together to perform a specific function.