Crystals of copper sulphate are prepared by the method of crystallization.
The process is as follows:
(1) A cupful of water is taken in a beaker.
(2) Few drops of dilute sulphuric acid are added to this.
(3) The water is then heated and when it starts boiling, copper sulphate powder is added with stirring.
(4) Copper sulphate powder should be added on till the solution becomes saturated.
(5) It is then filtered into a china dish and allowed to cool.
(6) The solution should be kept undisturbed. Slowly, the crystals of copper sulphate separate out