NCERT solutions of related questions for Weather, Climate and Adaptations of Animals to Climate
- Q.1 Name the elements that determine the weather of a place.
- Q.2 When are the maximum and minimum temperatures likely to occur during the day?
- Q.3 Fill in the blanks:
(i) The average weather taken over a long time is called ___________.
(ii) A place receives very little rainfall and the temperature is high throughout the year, the climate of that place will be ___________ and ___________ .
(iii) The two regions of the earth with extreme climatic conditions are ___________ and __________.
- Q.4 Indicate the type of climate of the following areas:
(a) Jammu and Kashmir: _________________________________
(b) Kerala: ____________________________________________
(c) Rajasthan: __________________________________________
(d) North-east India: _____________________________________
- Q.5 Which of the two changes frequently, weather or climate?
- Q.6 Following are some of the characteristics of animals:
(i) Diets heavy on fruits (ii) White fur
(iii) Need to migrate (iv) Loud voice
(v) Sticky pads on feet (vi) Layer of fat under skin
(vii) Wide and large paws (viii) Bright colours
(ix) Strong tails (x) Long and large beak
For each characteristic indicate whether it is adaptation for tropical rainforests or polar regions. Do you think that some of these characteristics can be adapted for both regions?
- Q.7 The tropical rainforest has a large population of animals. Explain why it is so.
- Q.8 Explain, with examples, why we find animals of certain kind living in particular climatic conditions.
- Q.9 How do elephants living in the tropical rainforests adapt themselves?
- Q.10 Choose the correct option which answers the following question:
A carnivore with stripes on its body moves very fast while catching its prey. It is likely to be found in
(i) polar regions (ii) deserts
(iii) oceans (iv) tropical rainforests
- Q.11 Which features adapt polar bears to live in extremely cold climate?
(i) A white fur, fat below skin, keen sense of smell.
(ii) Thin skin, large eyes, a white fur.
(iii) A long tail, strong claws, white large paws.
(iv) White body, paws for swimming, gills for respiration.
NCERT solutions of related chapters class 7 maths
NCERT solutions of related chapters class 7 science