NCERT solutions of related questions for Forests: Our Lifeline
- Q.1 Explain how animals dwelling in the forest help it grow and regenerate.
- Q2 : Explain how forests prevent floods.
- Q3 : What are decomposers? Name any two of them. What do they do in the forest?
- Q.4 Explain the role of forest in maintaining the balance between oxygen and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
- Q.5 Explain why there is no waste in a forest.
- Q6 : List five products we get from forests.
- Q.7 Fill in the blanks:
(a) The insects, butterflies, honeybees and birds help flowering plants in ___________.
(b) A forest is a purifier of___________ and______________.
(c) Herbs form the___________ layer in the forest.
(d) The decaying leaves and animal droppings in a forest enrich the______________
- Q.8 Why should we worry about the conditions and issues related to forests far from us?
- Q.9 Explain why there is a need of variety of animals and plants in a forest.
- Q10 : In figure, the artist has forgotten to put the labels and directions on the arrows. Mark the directions on the arrows and label the diagram using the following labels: clouds, rain, atmosphere, carbon dioxide, oxygen, plants, animals, soil, roots, water table
- Q.12 Which of the following statements is not correct?
(i) Forests protect the soil from erosion.
(ii) Plants and animals in a forest are not dependent on one another.
(iii) Forests influence the climate and water cycle.
(iv) Soil helps forests to grow and regenerate.
- Q.13 Micro-organisms act upon the dead plants to produce
(i) sand (ii) mushrooms (iii) humus (iu) wood
NCERT solutions of related chapters class 7 maths
NCERT solutions of related chapters class 7 science