Major nutrients of food are carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, and minerals:
(1) Carbohydrates: - It gives us energy and it is obtained from rice, wheat, sugar, potato, etc.
(2) Protein: - It helps in growing our body and it is mainly obtained from lentils, fish, milk, etc.
(3) Fats: - It also gives us energy and it is obtained from milk, ghee, oils, etc.
(4) Vitamins: - It is mainly derived from green vegetables and fruits. It helps us to fight against diseases.
(5) Minerals: - Minerals are nutrients that contain certain elements. All of them perform particular functions in our body. They are required by our body in small quantities in diet to maintain well healthily.