We obtain clear water from a sample of muddy water by sedimentation, filtration, or decantation method.
1. Leave the muddy water for some time. And after some time, take a circular piece of filter paper and fold it. And make a cone.
2. Place the filter paper cone in a funnel.
3. Keep a beaker below that funnel.
4. Pour the muddy water slowly into a cone, using a glass rod clear water flows down the funnel and collects in the beaker below.
5. Take out the filter paper cone and open it out. Mud particles are seen on the paper.