Step of construction
1. Draw a line segment BC with the measure of 8 cm.
2. Now draw the perpendicular bisector of the line segment BC and intersect at the point D
3. Take the point D as centre and draw an arc with the radius of 4 cm which intersect the perpendicular bisector at the point A
4. Now join the lines AB and AC and the triangle is the required triangle.
5. Draw a ray BX which makes an acute angle with the line BC on the side opposite to the vertex A.
6. Locate the 3 points P, Q and R on the ray BX such that BP= PQ = QR
7. Join the points B2C and draw a line from B3 which is parallel to the line B2C where it intersects the extended line segment BC at point C’.
8. Now, draw a line from C’ the extended line segment AC at A’ which is parallel to the line AC and it intersects to make a triangle.
9. Therefore, \(\triangle \) A’BC’ is the required triangle.